Oklahoma Piano Restoration & Rebuilding
We offer full piano rebuilds and restorations for upright and grand pianos. Since 1979, families and businesses have entrusted Bruce Music with bringing their worn pianos back to life.
Some of the steps we commonly take in piano restoration are:
- Replacing or refurbishing the action
- Refinishing the case
- Polishing hardware
When we’re finished restoring your piano, it will look and sound new again.
Examples of Bruce Music’s Piano Restoration
1896 Adam Schaaf Rebuild
Before the Great Depression, Adam Schaaf built high-quality pianos known for their beautiful cases. This piano restoration required quite a bit of work, including:
- New tuning pins, bass and treble strings
- Reconditioned original shanks, flanges and whippens
- New hammers
- Repaired and refinished the original soundboard and bridges
- Buffed all original hardware to shine and remove tarnish
- Reconditioned the original finish
George Steck Parlor Grand Rebuild
It is always an honor for us to be entrusted with a family heirloom. This George Steck Parlor Grand had been kept in the same Oklahoma City family for decades. Here are the updates we made:
- Restrung the piano with new bass and treble strings
- New hammers, shanks, flanges and tuning pins
- Reconditioned whippens
- Rebronzed the harp
- Refinished the piano and stool
1920 Steinway A Restoration
In 2016 Bruce Music was chosen to restore a beautiful Steinway A from the Oklahoma Governor’s Mansion.
- Restored the piano using genuine Steinway parts
- Refinished the case
Get your piano restored
If time has taken its toll on your cherished piano, Bruce Music can help. Let us know more about your piano, and we’ll give you an estimate on piano restoration or rebuilding. Estimates for this service are free in Oklahoma City metro area and available for a fee elsewhere.